Monday, April 6, 2009

The Rock and Roll Chef / How To Cook Books

Cookbooks are important, and fun! Now a days it is not the amount or size of the ingredients, it’s all about the flavor, and less is best. Good quality ingredients are the key to the flavor of your dishes. With practice you can cook for your family and friends, with my easy cooking steps. It is most satisfying to hear “Wow that tastes good” from all enjoying what you made. When I hear how much my guests are enjoying my food, I sit back and smile. It is really easy to cook, just get stuck in, and follow my easy cooking steps. I use books to assist me because a trained chef understands flavors, and what ingredients to combine to achieve that incredible taste. I have listed a few books that I would strongly recommend that you consider to purchase. If you do not want to buy a book, then do visit your local library. It does not matter if you have one book or many, just start with one, and work up to your collection. Here are a few suggestions from The Rock and Roll Chef that I recommend you get, to start you on the road to cooking. These books have helped me to better understand ingredients, but just get in the kitchen and let’s Rock and Roll cook!

Chef Gordon Ramsay:

Chef Gordon Ramsay is in my opinion a chef who drips with cooking passion. I rate his recipes as medium hard, but his easy step by step instructions will make things easier for you after you have practiced a bit. The Rock and Roll Chef highly recommends the following books:

Sunday Lunch – This book is all about getting you in the kitchen, and your family together around the table. Great “roast” ideas here!

Fast Food – This is a great book because the way the recipes are laid out, it is easy to follow. You will find many great cooking ideas in here. The Rock and Roll Chef recommends Chef Ramsay’s Fast Food book from the f-word TV show.

Chef Jamie Oliver:

Chef Jamie Oliver is one of my favorite chefs because he teaches a simple style of home cooking that is very easy to follow. I have been to his restaurants, and enjoyed every meal. There I was sitting in Fifteen London alone on Valentine’s Day. That is a sign of a true foodie, it was the moment, it was the food! I feel that any one of the five books that I recommend from Chef Jamie Oliver is an excellent journey through how to cook. Chef Oliver is all about fresh simple ingredients combined to excite every dish he prepares. Here are the Chef Jamie Oliver books that I recommend. A day does not go by without The Rock and Roll Chef using in the kitchen. Just get started, “Get Cooking”!


Jamie’s Italy – A great book all about Italian flavors. Cook pasta like you have never cooked past before.

Jamie’s Kitchen – Just get into your kitchen, easy to follow recipes!

Jamie’s Dinners – That evening meal around your table with family or friends. Check out the roast recipes.

Cook with Jamie – I feel that that is Chef Jamie’s second best book, and a must have for every kitchen. Just “Cook”! Very easy to follow.

Jamie At Home - This is Jamie’s best book yet. Fresh simple ingredients, cooked well, is the foundation to cooking. Jamie at Home is it, this is a must book for every kitchen.


Chef Gennaro Contaldo
:

I like Chef Gennaro Contaldo’s book because it gets down to earth Italian cooking. I have visited his restaurant in London, and if you are into incredible food presentation, and incredible tasting food, then do visit Chef Contaldo’s restaurant at once the next time you are in London. Italian food can be complex, but Chef Contaldo takes Italian food that step further to teach us about the true Italian home cooking. Feel his passion, his passion cannot nearly be matched when it comes to the wonderful world of Italian cooking.




Gennaro's Italian Year - Everything Italian, Everything Gennaro! A celebration of Italian life as much as Italian food, Gennaro's Italian Year gives us a way into Italian food, lifestyle and culture, and includes recipes for every month of the year, from summer favourites to Christmas essentials. With stories from his childhood to give a flavour of life in Italy and more than 120 delicious recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment